Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Frustration.

This week has been somewhat hard. Because I am the only one here to answer phones. so far. and I haven't felt really great. Fighting a cold. but no one to take my place so I couldn't stay home. :) Oh well... such is life sometimes and I will try not to be a perpetual complainer.
This week was another week of sadness for our community.

A couple from Grace went out for a late night walk( she a freshman volleyball player from a town close by and he a senior from Iowa and they ended up sitting on a hammock down by the park. This was probably a hammock that just belongs to one of the homes down there, because I don't think that the park has any hammocks in it.. but peoples yards run way down by the lake where people can still walk.
Well, one side of the hammock was tied to a 6 ft. dead tree. and when they both sat down it broke off at the bottom and came flying at them, killing the girl instantly and trapping the guy under her with the tree on top. He had neck injuries and couldn't talk or yell. So, while they are lying there someone else... by Gods rich grace came along for a midnight walk and heard some moaning. Went over and then called 911. This young man has been through 2-5 hour surgeries and has an extremely badly damaged spine. The Dr. said that he hasn't seen any spinal injury this bad and it looks as though he will be a quadropalegic ( can't spell) but who knows what God has in mind as the huge horrible swelling around his spine goes down. It was not broken.. but moved way out of place and so GOD can do a miracle for this young man.. That is what we are praying for. Please pray with us.

2 comments:

Aunt Nell said...

Oh my gosh Aunt Cath. How sad and traggic. Thats why I dont like hammocks and everyone here has them in their house..... Im sadded by this news, but like you said God can do miracles. Another fellow that used to go to our church lost his wife on Friday when she fell and hit her head by the pool...went to the doc and he said she was fine. She ended up dying in her sleep. They were very young and married almost a year next month. WOW. Sad. But our God is a God of love and peace. Praying for this family too.

Tyler and Connie Boyd said...

...and here I was thinking I was going to 'remind' you to post. What a tragedy - we'll definitely pray for the man.

the week you've had at work sounds like something I would experience myself. I absolutely know how you feel. they used to make me feel like if I'm not there nothing would get done or go right, but sounds like they're doing just fine without me! OK...so that's all about me and not you :) I will pray for you about work and that you feel better!