Monday, January 17, 2011

January....

I am doing the Beth Moore 24 verse per year Bible memory called Siestas. :)
From the 1st to the 15th my verse was:

Col.3:1
Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand.

NOW it is the
15th and my verse is:

Col. 3:2&3
Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.
This kind of fits in with a book I have been reading.
It is by Wayne Jacobsen.... SO, YOU DON'T WANT TO GO TO CHURCH ANYMORE.
It is fiction.. but written like THE SHACK, with a much deeper message. ( Wayne actually helped the author of the shack write his book.)
I have read one of his other books called HE LOVES ME. GOOD BOOK.

This So, you..... book is about how we worship and how we DO church and I am still forming my opinion about what I am reading. It certainly does make you think that perhaps how we DO church on Sunday, wasn't really what God had in mind for us.
I haven't quite formed my opinion about this......... just an interesting concept.
That we, being the church should be DOING church differently.

I also watched part 2 of Louie Giglio's Grace DVD. So basic and yet so clear. God loves me. It fits in with the other Jacobsen book that I read. I don't have to and actually can't do anything to earn it. and Jesus took my guilt.............Jesus took my filthy rags and God put his coat of Righteousness over me. I am an heir with Christ because of GOD'S GRACE... such a marvelous word/thought.
Blessing on you all, dear daughters. :)

No comments: