Tuesday, October 26, 2010

SELFISH pride

How do we get to be so selfish?? Sometimes I wonder. I am usually more concerned about me and my issues than I am about anyone else.
That is why I need a Savior. Pride. pride is the issue most of the time. The fact that I think I am more important that those around me.. That my needs always come before any others. This weekend I saw that in myself fully. I got upset about something and wouldn't let it go. It made everything else bad. and I couldn't look at anything right. It took some nasty words out of my mouth to make me do a double take and see myself for what I was being. Thank God, I could see it.
Otherwise I could have grown to be even more offensive. I am praying that I will be able to take a deep breath when things aren't going my way and see what God has for me in it... instead of losing my temper and becoming sulky. :(
Sad isn't it.. you would think that I would be past this by now. ; NOT.
Pray for me, that I will be able to be kind, loving, nice to those closest to me. :)

2 comments:

Tyler and Connie Boyd said...

Well nice to hear I'm not the only one that saw this in themselves lately :) I just did. last night. but through seeing someone else treat me the way I usually treat them. yuck. didn't like it. now I get to apologize for it and pray that I catch this in me before it gets out next time...I will pray for you!

Cathy/Nani said...

Thanks, Connie. I need it. I think we get into a SICK habit of acting a certain way and it is HARD to stop yourself.
Especially when the other person starts down that road too.., BUT that is no excuse for me and for what I choose to do/say. ;(
Thanks. for praying.