Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday again. :)

Why is it that Friday is my most happy day of the week? Shouldn't I feel the same about all the day's of the week? But the anticipation of a weekend of sleeping in some, and just being able to be at HOME is such a welcome thought.
After work today though, I am going on a ladies retreat. Just off to Ft. Wayne.. only an hour away and staying at the Hyatt.
I am excited to lead funny music that you have to learn the motions to, tonight... and then more worship music for Sunday morning.
I have been really stressed about this weekend because it is a challenge doing music in a hotel. SO, because of that I didn't really want to go. ;0
the music challenge had me stressed.. would I use Guitar.. can't play anymore and wasn't ever very good anyway... keyboard.. I don't have one and the one at church is needed for the Spanish ministry anyway on Sundays. ...... CD's, which can be a hassle... but would have been a doable thing. BUT.. since the fun songs are from You Tube and from our Conference DVD, I wanted to have a screen with projection from the computer. :) Don't know the techy terms. And that is the problem.. with no men coming and us untechy women, what would I do. But that is what is happening. Our tech guy here at works wife is doing the power-points and all and he has helped her to put all my stuff together. YEAH!!!!
I am also bringing back-up sheets of the words just in case something glitches while we are there. :O). and then for the worship I am using the "iworship at home" dvds and there were 4 of the 6 songs that I wanted for this weekend on the two that were still in the library here at work. Thank you God. SO.. I am starting to get excited. I am praying that God will speak to me, directly. :)

I get to room with my daughter, Connie and another lady.
I still have to get new tires put on my car at noon so I can be safe driving to Ft. Wayne. and stop and grab my pillow at home on the way out of town... I forgot it. ;(
But I am packed and ready.
Den will be on his own for the weekend.... but I will be home around 1 on Sunday. not bad. and not too expensive of a retreat.
WOOHOO>



2 comments:

Tyler and Connie Boyd said...

this weekend sounds like it will be a great treat for you ladies - and how fun for you to lead worship! You know, you could have Tyler on call for any techy needs - it's what he does for work every event (over the phone assistance)...we'll be praying all goes well this weekend, and for you ladies to be refreshed from all God shows you through this.

Aunt Nell said...

amen!! Im sure you did awesome! I loved helping you in AWANAS that one night!! Sounds like a nice, relaxing (but Im sure you were still a little stressed) weekend away with the ladies!! I miss those times!!! :( <3 you.